smart calculator

Last Updated:

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HI, okay so i was thinking today while studying for my finals, that it would be amazing if i could just snap a photo of a HW problem and have my phone tell me whether or not i got the right answer...

basically it comes down to this, i am a Mechanical Engineering major, and i have alot of calculus, physics and differential equations classes i have to take, i feel like alot of my time is spent on tedius equations and there is no way to tell if i am right or not (my prof's like to assign even numbers out of our book, where only the odd are solved in the back)

i think it would be nice to take a picture of the original problem and compare the answer the phone gives to what i have calculated... i think some of the following should be totally doable for any calculations based on simply taking a picture...

finding the derivitive

solving an integral and infinite integral

finding the power series and geometric series of a function f(x)

vector functions such as A*B, A+B, |A|, |A-B|, AxB

areas of 3 dimmensional functions in vector form (i + j + k) (which is the integral of 1/2 the vector raised to the second power

other simply equations so i don't have to waste my time calculating 17836x38

some physics equations like calculating the voltage, current, and resistance of a circuit

eventually i think taking a picture of a circuit diagram and having it solve for voltage, current drop or resistance throughout the circuit would be AMAZING but i realize this would be quiet difficult

equations such as half life equations in diffy Q.

i think something like this would be widely appreciated because if it can do even some of these then it could help most people in school such as high schoolers in an algebra class, a pre-cal class, and physics... or even people like me who are in advanced physics, calc 4 and multi-variable differential equations

if anyone would like to take on a project of this scale please contact me if you need help, i will provide all the solutions for equations you don't know and how they are solved if you can do the coding!

Advertisement