smart card reader for droid

Last Updated:

1. zandersn

zandersn New Member This Topic's Starter

I am in the military and need to use my military cac card (smart card) to sign in to certain sites. I know blackberry offers a bluetooth smart card reader to use with some of their phones. Does anyone know if there is a smart card reader for droid or if the blackberrry one will work with droid?

Advertisement
  2. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Ya, that would be sweet! Hope someone knows.

3. tobiasg82

tobiasg82 New Member

4. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

Very nice, but if I cannot sign docs digitially, not much use. We need a mobile version of MyForms.

5. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

Did you see the price $499.00 (SmartBlue Reader). Need to check the BB website for compatability. Alot of money, you know you could wait til you get home and log in to AKO, for less money.

6. kaylward

kaylward New Member

AKO just announced a solution that uses Good mobile and biometric associates CAC reader with iPhone and Android support. No pricing, but I suspect it's going to be as much as the one linked.

7. ChristianSA

ChristianSA New Member

Hi,

This is my first post, so please do not flame me if I am in the wrong forum.

I am looking for an authentication solution for my app running on Android.

Are there any tablets with built-in fingerprint readers and an API for interacting with such a fingerprint reader?

I would also like advice on a tablet manufacturer making tablets that will function in a rough environment (humid).

Thanks in advance,
    Christian

8. sigmosig

sigmosig New Member

Tried to give answer for CAC reader but site would not let me post link that would help military using Android which sucks. Therefore, Google BAI Mobile MP3000 CAC reader approved for use by DOD.

9. Andrew828

Andrew828 New Member

Old thread but if anyone still is looking for info, check out militarycac dot com

the baiMobile 3000 MP looks nice if you can shell out the $400 bucks. Apriva's may be cheaper.