0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hell yeah! 630 will come in handy over time

8 vote(s)
    100.0%

Last Updated:

1. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, here is the deal. I signed a 2 year contract with tmobile this past December and got what turned out to be a piece of crap Mytouch 3g. I got sick of it and purchased a Nexus out right when it was released. Now fast forward to today, my new contract starts On Tuesday. Im thinking of doing the following. Since I am currently paying a total of 111 dollars a month on the even more plan (1000 min 49.99+40 for unlimited web/text+ phone insurance 4.79+ taxes ='s the 111). I want to go in tomorrow and pay the 200 dollar cancellation fee then go with a no contract even more plus for 59.99, which includes 500 minutes and unlimited web/texting plus the taxes and insurance should put me at around 75 a month. thats gonna save me a total of around 35 a month. take that 35 and times it by 18 (amount of months left on contract) and you get $630! people think in the now and are calling me crazy, even the guy at tmo. What do you think?

Advertisement
  2. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

What are you waiting for?! Go do it right now!

I did the same thing cancelling my iPhone 3gs contract to get on a EM+ plan with T-mo. Best decision I've made in a long time :)

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Go for the $630. First, if you're not using the 1000 minutes and 500 will suit your needs, then why pay for the extra? Second, it's not an 18 month proposition as it will take only 6 months to recoup your $200. Everything else is gravy. Finally, of course the T-Mo guy is going to say you're crazy ... he wants your money too.

4. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Are you sure the $59.99 includes data? That doesn't sound right to me. I'd verify that first.

Edit: Actually, that is the case. Why don't more people do that? Get a phone subsidized, pay term fee, get cheaper plan. You probably save $100-150 on the phone itself vs buying it straight up and doing EM Plus from the start.

5. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

go go go!

6. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

What's there to think about!!!!?

7. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

The $79.99/mo plan has Unlimited Minutes, Text and Data. That is the plan I have now, the no contract plan, even though I am still under contract. I just won't be eligible for a discounted phone when my contract is up unless I go back to a contracted plan.

Call Customer Service and change to an Non-Contract Plan that you want and NO CANCELLATION FEE!! Trust me, it works, T-Mobile is, by far, the most flexible.

Thanks!

eric1589 likes this.
  8. BiGMERF

im going to see what my minutes look like and if i need more ill adjust accordingly. but for now i only use around 4-450 minutes. thank you google voice, forwarding to the house or wherever really help

9. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

you guys get ripped off dont you?

i pay

10. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

11. malzfreund

malzfreund Member

unfortunately, t-mo has raised early-termination fees not too long ago (other carriers have done the same). you're lucky your fee is only $200 so def go for it. it'd be a closer call if you had to pay the new fee of $450...

12. BiGMERF

I did it. Thank you for not being 450! I would have not done it if it was

Sent from a Cuban prison camp

13. evo046

evo046 Member

Saving money over time is the best choice! Way to go.

Sent from inside a Bud Lite bottle.

14. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I'd say cancel too :D money saved on the long run is money in the bank...and as you've already made the decision, the poll can be closed now ;)

15. eric1589

eric1589 Active Member

i dont understand the timing on your contract. you signed a 2 year agreement in december, but it doesnt start till now? was it tacked onto the end of an existing contract period?

i just changed my plan from 600 when ever minutes for 39.99 to the 59.99 500 minutes with unlimited text and web. i wasnt under contract though.

16. BiGMERF

My billing cycle stats the 5th not my contract

Sent from a Cuban prison camp