Smartdial

Last Updated:

1. canderson443

canderson443 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have switched from a blackberry, and in the blackberry, I use to be able to add my corporate phone number. Then when I did a search for a fellow employee (on exchange/AD), it would pull their 4 digit extension. I could then dial their four digit extension and it would automatically dial the corporate number and then ask me if I wanted to to "send" the extension. All of my corporate contacts are extension only.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this on the android, or if there is an app that can do this?

Thanks,
    Chris

Advertisement
  2. chiefvelo

chiefvelo Well-Known Member

I believe its the semi-colon (wait) between the number and the extension that will let you dial properly. you should be able to add it via the phone and see what is added on the contact list. You may see the number dialed shown as the first person with the same call in number but the extensions seem to work fine. The contact manager (and Mail) is way behind Palm and blackberry for this stuff. lets hope 2.2 get us a lot closer. I hope this points you in the right direction.

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

There's nothing like Smartdial in Froyo.