SmartQ V7 Tablet Review

Last Updated:

1. IanGClifton

IanGClifton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I mentioned a while back that I ordered a SmartQ V7. Well, I've had it for about two weeks, and finally wrote a review. Bottom line: If you're not a developer, you should probably wait for a better tablet to come along. The one thing it does well is dim the screen (great for reading in a dark room). It's pretty choppy, but it more-or-less works. It does run Android 2.1 (as well as Ubuntu and Windows CE), so that's a nice plus, but multitasking is not a good idea, haha.

Here's the full review for anyone who is interested or just wants to see a lot of pics: SmartQ V7 Android, Ubuntu, and Windows CE Tablet Review | A Dash Of Web and Mobile Development

Advertisement
  2. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member

Nice stuff Ian - mind if I repost?

3. IanGClifton

IanGClifton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, go right ahead

4. EZB

EZB New Member

I am sorry to spoil the party, but my experience with SmartQV7 has been terrible. I purchased it online from the Chinese seller named TOTOBAY.com and received it about 5 weeks ago. Android and Win-CE were not installed, and my attempts to install these firmwares have failed, even having a Chinese IT person doing it for fee. The company tried to buy time and sends me some instructional video clips and requests for screen pictures, while refusing to provide the guidance to shipping back the defected device for either replacement or refund. The only operating system that works is the Linux, but I don't need this simple one anyway. Does anyone have any idea how to make the device usable somehow? Right now it is worth nothing and is left in the drawer. I'll appreciate any advice, even for the legal actions that are open for a Canadian against a company in China.
    Thanks, EZB.

5. clhdpgh

clhdpgh New Member

I have had my SmartQ V7 since May 2010 and I really like it, since the Android 2.1 rom was released anyway. The Linux system is nice but not flexible enough and the Wince rom is acctually horrible.

The process to upgradet to the Android 2.1 release was a nightmare but now the device is very stable and it does what I want it to do with no problems.

I bought it primarily as an ereader but watching movies on it is not a bad expirience at all.

Too bad the Market is not supported but AndApps and SlideMe Sam work.

Follow this for info on the tablet. Very helpful : http://www.smartqmid.com/wordpress/