Smashed Incredible success storyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted a little while back about an unfortunate accident that I had with my Incredible. I've since had some great successes with respect to that incident and I thought I'd share them with you all.

To review, I had opened up my car trunk lid (I'm sure you can see where this story is going already!) and set down my Incredible directly on top of where the lid latches (which was a bad idea from the get go). The phone being black and my car being black probably contributed to me forgetting that I had set it there, and I slammed the trunk door shut...only it bounced right back up. Frustrated as to why it wouldn't shut, I nearly slammed it again, but then I noticed my phone. Eff. Then, I picked it up and I found that the screen had shattered. Much to my dismay, nothing displayed on the phone when I powered it off and then back on.

Since then, I purchased the VZW6300TVOUT cable directly from Verizon. After connecting it to my TV, I watched with shocking amazement while my phone's display appeared on my TV! But here's the kicker...not only did the external display work, the touch screen worked flawlessly! Somehow, the top layer of the screen, which is the touch screen, escaped unscathed and only the lower display layer that generates the image was shattered. Suffice it to say that I was successfully able to transfer all of my wanted data (photos, apps, etc.) both directly onto my PC (because the cable is so awesome that it allows you to connect the standard USB charging cable from it to your PC simultaneously) and onto an SD card.

I now have my replacement Incredible and I plan on throwing my damaged one up on eBay shortly. We will then see what the value of such a phone is.

:):):)

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

wow thats a good ending to a bad accident :)
    good to hear you got your stuff backed up

3. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

Very glad to here that the Incredible is a TANK!!!

4. Leudast

Leudast Member

Thats nifty. Did you have the warranty ($6/month) that verizon charges? Is that how you got your replacement?

5. bagged00

bagged00 Well-Known Member

pm me a price you want to sell for. i dropped mine(had verizon hard case on it) and it hit in the top left corner where the case doesnt protect:flame: knicked the case and id like to get to put another one on it.

6. homieg

homieg Active Member

What insurance do you have? How were you able to get a replacement, but still keep your broken one?

7. irishjoeyo

It's a unique story, actually. I thought that I had the "total equipment" coverage, but all I actually had was the extended warranty, which does nothing for damaged or stolen equipment, no matter the reason. I thought that it had been a Verizon mistake from when I was transitioned from being an Alltel customer, but apparently it wasn't the option I selected when I ordered the Incredible. Either way, I had a Verizon rep. on the phone tell me that he would take care of it and that my phone would be replaced. When that didn't work out, I called back and got someone else (of course) who refused to adhere to what I had already been told, and that I would be required to pay the full retail price of $529.99 if I wanted the same phone. I was irked at the fact that Verizon refused to follow through on what one of their reps had told me, so I sent an e-mail to Verizon's CEO. The next day, someone contacted me and they apologized profusely and offered me the Incredible for $249.09 (strange price, I know). I readily and happily accepted the offer, and they also said that I could do whatever I wanted with my damaged Incredible, including selling it. :)

8. irishjoeyo

Here's a photo of it that I took this morning:

Attached Files: