Smeared Screen

Last Updated:

1. mhdena

mhdena New Member This Topic's Starter

I got an Nexus 1 yesterday, it was advertised by the seller as AT&T but its T-Mobile by the imei number. A return will be coming as I have AT&T.

Anyway I charged it and downloaded 2.2 and have been quite surprised by the amount of 'smearing' on the screen :eek:
    Is this common with all the Nexus?

It seems to work well pretty fast on wi-fi even without my sim card, blutooth seemed ok. I never used 2.1 so I don't know how that was.

I ordered an iphone which is coming on the 14th and wanted to compare them for a few weeks to see which one to keep. My testing has been delayed:(

Advertisement
  2. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

I got no idea what you mean with smearing.. pics?

3. mhdena

mhdena New Member This Topic's Starter

The way the screen looks when you slide your finger across it when its asleep.

Maybe I'll go month to month with T-Mobile to test it against the iphone 4

4. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Wash your damn hands you hippie!!

5. opticalshadow

opticalshadow Well-Known Member

lol, without a screen protector any touch screen i have seen looks smudgy, but not enought to call it out. in anycase i keey a microfiber cloth in my fabric N1 sleeve and wipe my screen down when im done using it, just cause i cant let my lil baby get all ugly on me.

6. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Indeed, any touchscreen will get smudges. But I can only see them when my screen is off so it's no bother for me.
    Still, I like my N1 looking clean so I find that a wipe or 2 with my shirt is enough to make my screen sparkle as new. If most of the smudges weren't cleared allready by the neoprene pouch's soft interior.

7. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

This is an issue commonly found with Touch Screen devices, especially those that use Glass.

There are anti-smudge screen protectors out there, and some are good, however, I hate how they diminish the display, so I just keep wiping mine. :D