Smile feature on camera - very cool!

Last Updated:

1. TRSN

TRSN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am finding out new things about my Captivate every day and love this phone more and more.

Yesterday, I was playing with the camera feature. There are more options on this phone than on my 6 month old digital camera. Well, I discovered the smile feature on this phone that won't take the picture until the subject is smiling. And then....click. The picture is taken as soon as they smiled. :D

So, I thought I would find out what happens with 2 people in the picture and have only 1 of them smile. I was blown away when the Captivate waited until both subjects smiled to take the picture.

This may be old news to some, but I had never seen this before and was in awe.

Advertisement
    pogiewun and Futang44 like this.
  2. Reidic

Reidic Member

Where is this option?

3. Futang44

Futang44 Active Member

Its in the top left corner, 2nd option. Smile shot. Haven't tried it yet, i'll keep you posted.

4. Terry S

Terry S Well-Known Member

I was playing with the camera features as well and I agree the smile feature was cool. The panoramic feature was cool and the action panoramic was very cool the kids loved playing with that one as well as the continuous mode one and the cartoon mode one. I like the vintage mode in black and white.

5. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

The smile feature is enabled by clicking on the box on the upper part of the left side sliding tab when you start the camera app. Normal shooting mode is single shot, but you can chage that to a beauty, smile shot, continuous, panoramic, vintage, add me, action shot, or cartoon.

I think this is a good daylight camera to have. LED flash probably would have added little bit of versatility, but if you are going to places where you really need to shoot with flash, take a real digital camera along. Even the best LED flash can't compete against that. If that's too much, just hang an LED flashlight around your neck and shine it on your subjects as needed.