1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Smoked Glass 4.5 Launcher question.

1. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

How do you get the default home launcher back?. I'm presently using the 2.1 launcher and I'm not liking it.

At one point when I first restored the ROM it gave me a choice and I selected the use as default button... how do I get back to home the Launcher. :cool:

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Launcher (or Launcher 2) and select it > then find the "Clear Defaults" button and select it.

Now press the home button and you will get a pop-up that asks if you want to use Home or Launcher and you have the option to select as default.
    DroidSuks likes this.
  3. DroidSuks

Got it!... I feel like an idiot now.. lol.

For those also looking if they find this in seach..... make sure you hit the filter option from the menu... then to UBR's Managed Application path above.... otherwise you may never find it

Thanks man!. :rolleyes:
  4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

NP

Yes, good catch...I had Pete's BB running at the time and didn't have Launcher so I was going from memory (which is failing me! :D).

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Press Menu > Filter > All (not downloaded) > Launcher

I think that is okay now!
  5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

If you are like me and play around with lots of ROMS and like to try many home screens download Home Switcher. Makes life easier and good to keep on hand.
    headbanger51 likes this.
  6. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member

OK...after setting SG 4.5 and getting all my icons straight and whatnot, I thought since I set Launcher to run by default that I'd try this. So I did and now my screens are all blank. Needless to say, I want to go back to the way it was before. Except I don't know how to run Launcher and can't get to a screen where it asks if I want to run something with Launcher or Home. Can someone help?
  7. headbanger51

This was awesome. THANKED!
  8. DroidSuks

You have to setup your icons again... sorry.. didn't tell include. But once that's done you should be good to go on either home screen.
  9. shrink57

My pleasure. Anything to make life easier :D
  10. shrink57

Try not to have widgets installed at the same time on both sets of screens. It leads to all types of problems.
  11. headbanger51

Cool. Done.
  12. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member

Anyone know why its ALWAYS going FC'ed???

Also I have the Live Wallpapers but no Live Wallpaper...

I had it with SG v2 doesn't it work with 4.5, or is there something I'm missing?
    Any advise?

Thanks