Smoked Glass = No Weather Channel?

Last Updated:

1. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so this is really strange.

Yesterday I downloaded the latest Smoked Glass 6.0. Before installing, I nandroided and backed up my apps.

No issues with install except one.....The Weather Channel application fails to load. Not only that, but if I search for it in the marketplace, it doesn't come up. Even when I go to androlib and scan the QR code, it the marketplace tells me that it can't find the app.

What the hell? I want my Weather Channel back!

Advertisement
  2. Needsdecaf

Also noticed that my maps is not working and cannot load, either.

Grrrr.

3. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

You should really ... RTFM... or in this case the screen. In the first set of options ( beyond which basic settings ) you have options on what utils to ADD to the build... in the second set of options, it allows you to select what you want DELETED from the build.... the last set include allowing the user to delete the New & Weather as well as many other default utils found in the v2.1 OTA

Concerning the MAP's issue... again, actually read Adamz instructions which clearly state what is needed to clear that issue up... or do a complete wipe of all data and apps and start fresh ( which is usually the best thing on a new ROM anyway )

4. Needsdecaf

Thanks for the advice, but I could RTFM. How about you try RTFP (Read the F Post) next time. I was talking about the weather channel app, not the news and weather app.

As for the maps, I posted in another thread that I had thought I saw it somewhere, but could not find that issue again after I read the instructions. I read this page thoroughly: http://alldroid.org/threads/16302-ROM.tgz-Smoked-Glass-v6.0.1-*03-15*-(Android-2.1-ESE53) but did not see any instructions regarding maps.

But thanks for your help.

Oh, and I did do a complete data wipe. Both in his rom load and in nandroid, prior.

5. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

I did misread your Weather Channel part... I've got old eyes so my mind sometimes fills in where my eyes miss it ( almost can't see the type on the droid screen without straining on the smaller type it has ).... btw I just reloaded The Weather Channel without issue. So I'm thinking you may need to do another clean install... I know I've seen a number of users of various ROM's that clear their issues by doing just that...

but you did miss the following...

its in the 6.0 notes area