• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root smoked glass to droidmod

toker11

Nov 16, 2009
im on 4.5 and have made a nandroid backup of what i have right now. if i go to the droidmod site and download the updater. can i go to that ROM and try it out and just go back and forth if i wanted to? what do i have to do to make this work correctly?

I think 2.0.1 launcher becuase it adds 2 screens but not the new 3d app drawer and such, and isnt unstable like the 2.1 launcher is as people say.

As for metamorph, i just recently started using it and its awesome! i can use droidmod and pretty much change any part of the theme with just a metamorph file.

Upvote 0
There are other threads on switching between droidmod and other ROMS. i have no insight on tht as i have never used a rom other than droidmod. From what i have read though, yes you can switch back relatively easy with nandroid recovery, its just not as simple as loading a (.tgz?). Im pretty sure thats right but someone more knowledgable on tht subject should chime in or point you in the right direction.

Upvote 0
i have a nandroid backup set from earlier today with the smoked glass. i love smoked glass. i just like to experiment. so i wanna try droidmod but i dont wanna loose what i have set up already. i havent had any stability issues with the 3D launcher on there either. phones been great! i guess it just loves me:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones