smoked glass to droidmod

Last Updated:

1. toker11

toker11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im on 4.5 and have made a nandroid backup of what i have right now. if i go to the droidmod site and download the updater. can i go to that ROM and try it out and just go back and forth if i wanted to? what do i have to do to make this work correctly?

Advertisement
  2. Ninthwonder

Ninthwonder Well-Known Member

yes you can.. you need SPRecovery installed

3. toker11

ya ive got the 2b installed. is that all i need?

4. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

the DMUpdater will install the latest one anyway so you should be good

5. kjdjr18

kjdjr18 Member

You probably know this, but if you like the droidmod you can use a smoked glass them and apply it over the droidmod using metamorph.

6. toker11

Ive seen people talkin about it...havent messed with it at all. does droidmod use the 2.1 launcher or 2.0.1. i like that aspect of smoked glass as well as the stability of it. i had sholes at first but took it off.

7. toker11

and will having the new recovery and the dmupdater keep me from being able to go back to smoked glass if i want?

8. kjdjr18

kjdjr18 Member

I think 2.0.1 launcher becuase it adds 2 screens but not the new 3d app drawer and such, and isnt unstable like the 2.1 launcher is as people say.

As for metamorph, i just recently started using it and its awesome! i can use droidmod and pretty much change any part of the theme with just a metamorph file.

9. kjdjr18

kjdjr18 Member

There are other threads on switching between droidmod and other ROMS. i have no insight on tht as i have never used a rom other than droidmod. From what i have read though, yes you can switch back relatively easy with nandroid recovery, its just not as simple as loading a (.tgz?). Im pretty sure thats right but someone more knowledgable on tht subject should chime in or point you in the right direction.

10. toker11

i have a nandroid backup set from earlier today with the smoked glass. i love smoked glass. i just like to experiment. so i wanna try droidmod but i dont wanna loose what i have set up already. i havent had any stability issues with the 3D launcher on there either. phones been great! i guess it just loves me:)

11. kjdjr18

kjdjr18 Member

Well honestly why would you want to change? Just wondering because what does droidmod have that adamz doesnt? I understand the curiosity to try other roms haha but if its running well and nothing to add really with droidmod, not much point.

12. toker11

eh just for something to do i guess. im new to rooting my phone and it has intrigued me to try different ROMS i guess. plus i think droidmod has live wallpapers right? smoked glass doesnt.

13. kjdjr18

kjdjr18 Member

True about the live wallpapers thing, and i do like them alot. can u just apply the live wallpaper .zip though to your ROM? Thats what i did on the old droid mod before it was incorporated on the newest ROM.

14. toker11

i dont know. that would be sweet if i could....any ideas guys? on 4.5 smoked glass can you apply that?

15. 22engine

22engine Well-Known Member

I had the sholes rom and then changed to the new droidmod one and it killed by battery really fast even without live wall papers. So i switched back to the old sholes with smoked glass through the nandroid backup in recovery so yes you can just switch back if you dont want it