Smoothest Daily Rom out?

Last Updated:

1. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is the smoothest and dependable rom out right now? Been MIA and I do not feel like reading tons or pages.

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I believe fresh 2.1.2 and the newest DC are as reliable as they come.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I was using Fresh 2.1.2 but it started to have real bad dailer lag so I switched to Aloysius. Been lag free ever since. My co-worker got an Evo and we tested the app speed such as opening and running and switching and the speeds were the same. The only thing he beat me on was browsing the Internet. Everything else was the same.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I ran DC 2.0.9.1 it was ok.. but not for me..Fresh 2.1.2...it was OK.. fresh 2.1.1 was faster.. Fresh 2.3.3 is real smooth

5. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

ZenExp. Blazing fast, too. I've used the different Fresh ROMs, and they are good, very good, and the latest couple are even excellent. Still, Zen is much faster, quicker, has a great look, and is stable.

6. ItsDon

ItsDon Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

7. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I recommend either Fresh 2.3.3 or DarchDroid 2.7.

8. jerry43812

jerry43812 Member

Coming from a non-fanboy, I use RegawMOD 2.1 themed version and it's the best daily ROM I have ever used. I tried flashing Fresh and was very disappointed in it, and I tried a couple others, but none compare to RegawMOD. I really like it.

9. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

"non-fanboy" eh, care to elaborate?

10. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Agreed, and I've come over from Flipz Fresh Toast and tried Fresh Hero 2.3.2 and 2.3.3.

The only sacrifice I'm making right now is Gmail doesn't sync consistently so you have to use the stock e-mail client and push Gmail.

Everything else works pretty well, I use Exchange active sync for my work e-mail and it's very reliable, as is the calendar and contacts sync.

The dialing/call lag is gone in this ROM, which was a big selling point for my wife's phone. She was complaining about stock 2.1 so i rooted her phone and put Zen on it and now she LOVES her phone. this is the first time she's been completely happy with her phone. I also flashed the OC kernel for it from the Zen updater and just left it as is (no SetCPU or OC widget) and her battery life and speed have both been great.

I'm averaging about 30-40 hours of usage between charges if I don't charge it at night, with regular usage, and have mine overclocked to 691/245 on-demand (480/245 when screen is off).

Also, ZenEXP leaves you with 125MB free internal memory, which is one of the most memory friendly ROMS out there.

It doesn't use Sense (comes from MyTouch) but I use ADW Launcher and don't miss Sense at all.

Fresh Hero is nice, but it leaves you with only 85 MB free after clean install. That's fine if you use A2SD, but if not you won't have enough space with that.

Hope that helps.

And welcome back! :)