SMS Acting Strange

Last Updated:

1. bigdan35

bigdan35 New Member This Topic's Starter

Well as the title says... But some weird things are happening.

On my HTC Desire, I use Handcent - Yes I've cleared all the Cache for it to see if that works, and uninstalled and installed the newest version.

When I receive a text message from Orange (carrier I'm with), it shows one of my contacts name, for example "John Boy". And this started from the moment I put the simcard and updated all my contacts, before installing any applications just so you know.

I have "John Boy"s facebook account linked on to my phone, I do not have his number on my phone though. As all my contacts are linked with Gmail, as well as facebook I find this strange.

And when I register to some apps and receive text messages, his name comes up as the person who has sent me the message, and I'm wondering is this specifically a Handcent issue, or is it a text message issue in general?

Cheers because it can be pretty frustrating!

Advertisement
  2. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

Don't know if it will work, but try this. In the people (contacts) menu, select view, then make sure you unselect Facebook contacts and select the box that says 'Only contacts with phone numbers'. At least it gets rid of the facebook contacts from your contact list.

3. bigdan35

bigdan35 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just checked it, that box is highlighted already! >.<

Nevermind, I'm sure it's an issue which may hopefully be fixed in the Froyo update, whenever that arrives for the Desire!

4. brownster

brownster Member

I have the same problem on my Hero after updating to 2.1

Here is my thread, but I can't say I have a solution yet.

I have emailed Handcent Admin, but haven't got a response yet. I'm sure it is Handcent, since I checked the stock messaging app and it displayed correctly there.