SMS app that works through Google?

Last Updated:

1. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an app on the market that would allow me to receive and send texts through Google Voice? The layout of Google Voice's app gets annoying when I want to just compose a message to someone but I first have to back out to the inbox...

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Nope. All you can do at this point is use SMS forwarding. Just be aware that forwarding will count against your messaging bundle or, if you don't have one, you'll be billed for incoming and outgoing messages.

SMS forwarding isn't quite so straightforward either as messages come from and are sent to numbers used by Google. I'm not sure how you'd initiate a conversation with forwarding since you need the phone number that was assigned to the contact that sent you a message. Unless the person sends you a text with GV SMS forwarding enabled you won't know what number to use.

3. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Another idea would be to go to the Google Voice website in the browser and see if the layout is what you like. The browser can do mobile version or even desktop version since the browser will do both.

But, I'd provide Google Voice people some feedback on your situation to see if they will change Google Voice to have a better GUI flow.