SMS AppSupport

1. Pambie

Pambie New Member

I have a Nexus 7, and want to use it to send and receive sms text messages. New to all of this I need a really easy app for this.
    Any suggestions please?

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

3. Pambie

Pambie New Member

Many thanks. Whatsapp says that it's not compatible with my Nexus 7 (?) so I'm going to try Talk.
    Pambie
  4. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

shelliewnj and wyzird like this.
  5. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

I bought Tablet Talk but it was constantly disconnecting. I tried Cloud SMS after reading the previous post and it works great!! Thank you CDPlant!!!!!
  6. strollin

strollin Well-Known Member

If I understand how these types of clients work, you can type/read messages on your tablet which then transfers the message to/from your phone to actually send/receive the message? This means that I need to have my phone present and turned on in order to send/receive messages.

The advantage is the ability to use the larger keyboard and display of the tablet but your phone is still the device that sends/receives the texts.

Do I have this right?
  7. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

8. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Well-Known Member

I use Yahoo Messenger.
  9. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Well-Known Member

Mighty Text also works very well. I had been using their beta for a few months and really like it. It also syncs with chrome, so I can text from my work computer, too.

I had problems with Tablet Talk losing either the N7 or the phone and I would have to reboot both several times a day.
  10. jaymz462

jaymz462 Active Member

Another vote for Mighty Text, it's working very well for me.
  11. CoreyV

CoreyV Well-Known Member

I've been using Zipwhip for a month or so - and seem pretty pleased with it. Syncs my phone to both the tablet and computer.
  12. Hoppy

Hoppy Well-Known Member

Tablet Talk works well for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  13. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

DeskSMS is awesome.
  14. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Curious about these cloud apps. Can you leave your cell off on any of these and still get texts forwarded? Like if Virgin Mobile sends a text to my cell#, does it go to the cloud first, or does it have to route through your phone? I have my phone off 95% of the time, but get 1-2 texts per month to my cell#. All other calls/texts go to my GV#.
  15. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

No, there are two applications. One on your phone and one on your tablet. If you have GV then you really don't need any of these apps. I cannot use GV because google hasn't rolled it out in the UK yet.
  16. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Well-Known Member

Have you noticed what kind of data this is using? Some how I went over my 10 gb limit this month when I usually only use about 6. This is my first month using both my laptop and my Nexus so I expected increased data, but not 4 gb. I don't use it to steam video via my aircard or music, but something chewed up my data and this is the only thing I could think of.