1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Support SMS App

1. Pambie

Pambie New Member

I have a Nexus 7, and want to use it to send and receive sms text messages. New to all of this I need a really easy app for this.
    Any suggestions please?

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

3. Pambie

Pambie New Member

Many thanks. Whatsapp says that it's not compatible with my Nexus 7 (?) so I'm going to try Talk.
    Pambie
  4. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

shelliewnj and wyzird like this.
  5. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

I bought Tablet Talk but it was constantly disconnecting. I tried Cloud SMS after reading the previous post and it works great!! Thank you CDPlant!!!!!
  6. strollin

strollin Well-Known Member

If I understand how these types of clients work, you can type/read messages on your tablet which then transfers the message to/from your phone to actually send/receive the message? This means that I need to have my phone present and turned on in order to send/receive messages.

The advantage is the ability to use the larger keyboard and display of the tablet but your phone is still the device that sends/receives the texts.

Do I have this right?
  7. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

8. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Well-Known Member

I use Yahoo Messenger.
  9. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Well-Known Member

Mighty Text also works very well. I had been using their beta for a few months and really like it. It also syncs with chrome, so I can text from my work computer, too.

I had problems with Tablet Talk losing either the N7 or the phone and I would have to reboot both several times a day.
  10. jaymz462

jaymz462 Active Member

Another vote for Mighty Text, it's working very well for me.
  11. CoreyV

CoreyV Well-Known Member

I've been using Zipwhip for a month or so - and seem pretty pleased with it. Syncs my phone to both the tablet and computer.
  12. Hoppy

Hoppy Well-Known Member

Tablet Talk works well for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  13. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

DeskSMS is awesome.
  14. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Curious about these cloud apps. Can you leave your cell off on any of these and still get texts forwarded? Like if Virgin Mobile sends a text to my cell#, does it go to the cloud first, or does it have to route through your phone? I have my phone off 95% of the time, but get 1-2 texts per month to my cell#. All other calls/texts go to my GV#.
  15. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

No, there are two applications. One on your phone and one on your tablet. If you have GV then you really don't need any of these apps. I cannot use GV because google hasn't rolled it out in the UK yet.
  16. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Well-Known Member

Have you noticed what kind of data this is using? Some how I went over my 10 gb limit this month when I usually only use about 6. This is my first month using both my laptop and my Nexus so I expected increased data, but not 4 gb. I don't use it to steam video via my aircard or music, but something chewed up my data and this is the only thing I could think of.