SMS appearance changeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Glenn86

Glenn86 New Member

Hello, I'm sure a few will have asked this question, but I can't find any solution on here so here goes.

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830. I once changed the appearance of my text messages, meaning, the colour/shape of the bubble and the background to like a note pad style, this looked much better. However, I have since had to factory reset my text app(standard android app) due to problems and my text appearance has reverted back to normal.

I cannot find the same settings in order to change it back again, does anyone know how to change this? Or has an update taken the option away?

Advertisement
  2. oldchick70

oldchick70 Active Member

Maybe it was Go SMS Pro from the Google Play store?
    It looks more like an email than txts.
  3. Glenn86

Glenn86 New Member

No it was definitely the standard android SMS app on the galaxy ace without a doubt. I remember, I just can't find the settings again. Frustrating.
  4. oldchick70

oldchick70 Active Member

I found this on another forum.
    There is no 'skins' in my settings, but maybe on a different model to mine.
    It's a Gingerbread 2.3.6
    If you go to the message settings you can change the 'skins' which give different appearances and colour schemes for the text messages. I haven't yet found a way to change the bubble's colours on the default skin either, if you manage to find out please let us know :eek:)