• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS application

noons

Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
Anyone know of an advanced sms notification application? I need to be able to set different ringtones for a particular sender and / or filter out a particular sender during certain scheduled hours. I know there probably wont be an application out there that will fill all my needs, but looking for something out there that does some of it.

Also is there an app that allows me to have multiple sms inbox's for certain senders?

The reason for all this is my job will be sending me SMS alerts which I will only need to respond to during weeks that I am on call, which was why I am looking for a type of filter and scheduler. More importantly though i would like to set a different ringtone for this sender so that I can differentiate texts from friends and alerts. This way I could also set no ringtone for when I am not on call. Looked through the app market and didnt see anything so I was hoping maybe I missed something. I also didnt see built in functionality to do this...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones