SMS Applications

Last Updated:

1. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, wondering if any of you can help me.

I'm currently deciding on which SMS application to use, the choice being ChompSMS or Handcent SMS. At the moment i'm leaning towards Chomp because it looks nicer but I can't see an SMS pop up option like there is in Handcent which is why i'm undecided hehe.

Anyways, the problem is that in both applications there is the option to "Display contact picture" but when ticked they don't actually display the contact pictures. All of the contact pictures I have are sourced from the persons Facebook profile picture, do you think this is causing the problem?

Cheers in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. SirGaz

SirGaz Active Member

I use chomp and see the same thing
    I think the facebook sync doesn't actually amend the photos but shows the facebook image over the top or instead of the one on the phone. Chomp obviously doesn't do that seeing as its built for all android phones and not just the hero. I think all 3rd party apps will probably do the same unless they are written specifically for the hero

3. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah that's a real shame, I love the layout that Chomp and Handcent have i.e. very similar to the iPhone but I really like the personal touch of a self updating contact picture.

So until that is sorted I think I will be sticking with the standard messaging application + SMS pop up