• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS Backup Application

eNons3nse

Nov 10, 2009
Hi.

I want to be able to backup some of my SMS threads. I wish there was a way to do this from inside the messaging app, but there isn't. I have found applications that let you backup all your SMSs to your SD Card or Email but I don't really need to save all of them. Is there a program that will maybe just let me forward specific SMS threads to my Gmail, SD Card or something?

Hi.

I want to be able to backup some of my SMS threads. I wish there was a way to do this from inside the messaging app, but there isn't. I have found applications that let you backup all your SMSs to your SD Card or Email but I don't really need to save all of them. Is there a program that will maybe just let me forward specific SMS threads to my Gmail, SD Card or something?
Old thread, but check out SMS Backup:
SMS Backup v1.1.1 Application for Android | Tools
backs up all your SMS (in and out) to a gmail label... works great!

Reactions: thepinkc
Upvote 0
Try VeryAndroid SMS Backup - Andriod sms backup software that can backup and restore sms for android.

It can help you:
- Copy and backup sms from Anroid phone to SD Card then to computer.
- Restore sms from CSV to android phone any time.
- Transfer sms to android phones from other phones.
- View sms messages in threading mode on computer.

More: VeryAndroid SMS Backup - Software to backup SMS for Android

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones