• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS Backup+ question

Corky

Mar 2, 2010
Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I'm getting that low space error message, and I'm looking to clear out my text messages, to see if that will free up some of the space, which is what HTC recommended. I've got about 8000 texts on my phone, so I'm hoping clearing those out will help.

I've been using SMS Backup+ to move my texts to my gmail, but I'm wondering if I delete the texts on my phone, but then back the NEW ones up later, will it overwrite the old ones in gmail, or will it just add to the thread?

Hope that's clear, and I hope you guys can give me some insight!

Hi Corky, this SMS Backup app will help you do the job easily.

VeryAndroid SMS Backup is a smart andriod sms backup software that can copy and backup sms on Android phone to computer, restore sms backup file to any android phone, and also send messages or chat with a friend on computer directly, exactly the same as that you do on your android phone.

It can help you:
- Copy and backup sms from Anroid phone to computer.
- Restore sms from CSV to android phone any time.
- Send SMS & SMS Chat on computer directly.
- Transfer sms to android phone from other phones (iPhone, Windows Mobile, Nokia, Blackberry etc).
- View sms messages in threading mode on computer.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones