1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sms Backup

Last Updated:

1. killer skittle

killer skittle New Member This Topic's Starter

I need an app that i can back up every sms message on my phone (sprint hero that is rooted) and then restore it back on if i flash a new rom or something , i have yet to find a app that wont crash my phone. is their any way i can take the sms off manually?
    thanks,
    nick

p.s. i have over 50,000 text messages on my phone! Yes, 50k

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Give SMS Backup + a try. It backs up your texts to your Gmail: SMS Backup + - Android app on AppBrain

That's what I use when I flash ROMs...haven't tried it with 50,000 texts though. If it doesn't work you might want to get rid of some of those texts lol.

3. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

I use SMS Backup and Restore.
    Works fine, the texts are saved in XML format that is easily restored. Although I expect it will take a while with that many texts :)

4. killer skittle

killer skittle New Member This Topic's Starter

Ill try sms backup +, but i doubt it will work. seems as though android automatically times out of a process if it takes too long....and you can tell 50k messages will probably take a while. i would love to delete some but when ever i try it just freezes again, plus ontop of that 40k are from my girlfriend for the past year....so dont really wanna get rid of them :/