1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SMS backup?Support

1. pseudoware

pseudoware Well-Known Member

What SMS backup solutions have others found to work well with the S3? Please mention if it works for MMS, also. Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Sms backup+. Backs up mms to but not restore. Backs up sms, call log and mms to Gmail. So you can view all on computer too
    KidFlash likes this.
  3. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

I have SMS Backup+, which is free from the google play store. It syncs up with your gmail account and creates a folder of your messages, mms, and call logs. You can backup/restore. It also has the feature to backup automatically on whatever interval you choose. I found it pretty handy when I upgraded from my Epic to the GS3 a couple of days ago and everything is right there for me.
  4. Flumme

Flumme Well-Known Member

I've been using sms backup and restore. Works well, but the above sounds better...
  5. ndh777

ndh777 Well-Known Member

SMS Backup and Restore has been my favorite. It allows you to choose which ones to backup and delete. It does take a while if you have tons of texts. I was saving one when I was with my ex and we had over 4,000 texts that I was trying to save. It would take an easy 5-15 minutes to save that entire thread of texts. But I felt it was worth it. It didn't seem to take too much room on the SD either.
  6. LS1BadBird

LS1BadBird Well-Known Member

Literally search the title of this thread in the play store. It's the perfect app for what you want. :)
  7. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

Random comment, but noticed since this thread is about SMS; I rarely text using phone numbers anymore. Everything I do is through FB Chat, KiK, or Twitter. Weird how a "phone" is being less of a phone to me since i rarely make calls on it either.
  8. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

I use SMS Backup+, the only app I ever used to backup SMS.