SMS coming in as MMS?Support

1. apthai86

apthai86 New Member

I just switched from the iPhone to Android about 2 weeks ago. I'm still trying to get use to everything. So far I'm loving the phone more and more every day. However, there's one issue that's been bothering me and I can't find anything about it on the forums/google.

A large part of my friends are using the iPhone and uses iMessage heavily. When they send one out with me on the list, the sms comes in as a mms. I get the message but there's a "play" button. Also on the screen with all sms message, it a blank. I have to go into the message to view it.

Has anyone experience this? Is there a solution? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

There have been several issues relating to messenging between this phone and iPhones. Not sure what the root of it all is.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I think more accurately its an issue between android/iphone
  4. neenja

neenja Member

i was just googling about this issue and saw no fix. its VERY annoying. the full image comes up as a play button, and when you try to click the image to view the larger size, it doesnt show it.

the only way is to save the image and then pull it up from gallery.

VERY annoying.
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Well...typically att splits messages over 160 characters into moms

Try a different messaging program like handcent or chomp and change the character limit in the settings

There are also apps in the market that are compatible with this style of messaging
  6. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

The iPhone uses an entirely different data network from all the Android, Windows and other phones. There are bound to be inter-network difficulties. My girlfriend has had various iPhones for a few years (currently 4S) and I have never had any trouble with her (as far as the phones go) but we're both on AT&T. Verizon is no different. They maintain separate networks. Start compounding that with different carriers and problems are sure to follow.
  7. jetmechG550

jetmechG550 Active Member

I'm using GoSMS Pro and have this issue as well and I seem to miss messages sometimes when they are sent out as a group message from an iPhone.
  8. Nightfoxx

Nightfoxx New Member

Has anyone found the root cause of this problem? It seems like it must be a setting or a specific way someone is using their iPhone since it doesn't happen all the time.

I seen text messages come in as MMS messages on feature phones and blackberry devices as well.
  9. nowfound

nowfound New Member

I assume that my issue is close to this and was curious if anyone has experienced or solved this. I receive pictures from my wife on her iPhone and the come in as 4second movies that I cannot save.