sms contacts listSupport

Last Updated:

1. dudemyster

dudemyster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi ive got a problem with my sms contacts list. it is linked somehow to facebook and each contact has been replecated like 8 times yet if i go into people on the phone section its finr it just shows my contacts on my phone not fbook ones (too many friends u see lol) there fore the list is massive and i think its growing....any ideas??
    regards and thx

Advertisement
  2. Bonce34

Bonce34 Active Member

Open the People app, press menu, choose View and then untick Facebook (and any other phone books that contain contacts you don't wish to include).

3. Bonce34

Bonce34 Active Member

Hmm, I've just re-read your post and you say those contacts aren't showing up in your people app. I'd suggest ticking, saving and then unticking and saving Facebook anyway.

Are you using the Stock SMS app or Handcent?

4. dudemyster

dudemyster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

nope didnt work, it happens wen i go > new message > search people its shows the contacts home mobile other and then just repeats mobie and other over and over...... um i just use the message app that cam installed do u suggest something else ...what is handcent?

thx

5. Bonce34

Bonce34 Active Member

Hmm, I just tried doing as you said on my phone and it's a complete mess. I've tried searching through menus but don't know what to do about it sorry.

Handcent SMS is a third-party replacement for the stock messaging app. It's not to everybody's taste but I love it and it doesn't have this problem with the contact list! There are plenty of threads about it in these forums, check it out: Handcent SMS - Android app on AppBrain

dudemyster likes this.
  6. pelli69

pelli69 New Member

I have same problem and don't have the people app on my phone
    Does anyone know how to solve this please

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The problem is the people view is only for in people.

For each contact number or e-mail address, will show up in the sms app as a separate contact.

So if you had dan as a contact. He has phone and email in both facebook and google contacts, sms will show the following:

dan: 077xxxxxxxx
    dan:dan@xxxxxxx
    dan: 077xxxxxxxx
    dan:dan@xxxxxxx

Theres nothig you can do. This is how it is. Maybe if you make sure the contact details are the same in both facebook and google/phone, it may only show once, but i doubt it.

The other thing is, select the contact from people to compose a message to rather than composing a message and choosing who to send it to.

8. pelli69

pelli69 New Member

Can you disable Facebook/google sync?
    I tried to disable my gool account but says other applications are using it so would need to restore phone to factory settings to do so but this will erase all my data

9. amit_eighty8

amit_eighty8 Well-Known Member

you can do one thing ...you can link up the repeated contacts to one....

this option comes on the top right side of people for selected contacts ...it will show u the link suggestion as well as you can manually link....and after that you can select the primary phone mobile etc etc...

10. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member

In Facebook app click on the word Facebook and then you will see a page with Notifications on the bottom. Hit Menu then Settings, scroll to bottom of screen and press Sync Contacts and you have 3 options

Sync all

Sync with existing contacts

Remove facebook data

Perhaps you could press the third one and then go through the process again and choose no 2.