SMS Contacts vs Phone Contacts

Last Updated:

1. jglass38

jglass38 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer. I want to note I have seen this issue on the Verizon Droid as well as the AT&T Captivate.

In both instances (actually 3 instances) the phone is syncing with the My Contacts folder from Gmail.

In Contacts I am able to limit what syncs (or what shows) to just the My Contacts folder which are the contacts I want to see that I have created and have all info populated.

In SMS I see EVERYTHING including everyone I have ever emailed on Gmail (In Gmail I have these in a separate contact folder so they don't sync to my phone.

Is there any way I can see in SMS exactly what I see in Contacts? I can't seem to find a fix. Thanks!

Jamie

Advertisement
  2. klebber

klebber New Member

Hello Jamie.

Could you solve this problem? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SII with Android 2.3 and are facing the inconvenient.
    A workaround is send a message from the contact list, but if you need to add more recipients the problem will occur.

Regards.

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Why do you want to see all contacts in your messaging app? You can only SMS those with mobile numbers.

4. klebber

klebber New Member

Hi Takeshi,
    in fact, I want only display contacts with numbers, and if possible, with mobile numbers. At now, using the application, when I select to add contacs to SMS all contacts in Gmail are displayed (including deleted contacts).
    I don't know if I need configure something in my Contacs list on Gmail.
    Regards.

5. Wessel

Wessel New Member

Hi klebber, I have exactly the same problem. Could you get any solution to the issue? When sending a SMS I would also like to see only contacts with Mobile numbers!

Wessel

6. klebber

klebber New Member

Hi Wessel,

I could not solve the problem yet. I'm using the contact list to send SMS.

:confused: