SMS Crash and the delete!Support

Last Updated:

1. Bxsteez

Bxsteez Active Member This Topic's Starter

So i started texting this morning as i always do and after a few texts the sms application kept force closing and the only way to stop it was to restart the phone and when it came back all my texts were gone.

I wanna say I had about 1000 texts. Is this a common android issue? This seems extremely problematic.

Advertisement
  2. djmeslie

djmeslie Member

I think this issue is gonna become more transparent as people have the phone for a longer amount of time. I txt A LOT so seein as the phone can handle a lot i decided to raise the txt per person to 400, well i noticed earlier today that my phone started to freeze up when i would try to write a new txt. So after a while i lowered it down to 200 again and ended up deleting my main thread that alone had 500txt. Its running better now but i think the phone itself can't handle much more then a total of MAYBE 1500txt but i think closer to no more then 1000. I hope they get this issue fixed soon otherwise its gonna b annoyin having to keep track of each thread as i have to delete threads all the time!

by the way..when it started annoying me rly bad that i had to change it i was at 1000 txt also!

3. Bxsteez

I have my set to 1k texts but i can't see why the device can't handle it. Windows mobile can handle as many texts as u want. I've had thousands and had no issues. My thing is that it required a restart and deleted everything... I didnt have a choice as to what to delete it just cleaned it out

4. Bxsteez

And it just happened again. WTF!!!!! I can't hold on to texts at all if android keeps crashing and deleting all my texts

5. Riesj

Riesj New Member

I'm having the same problem. but its totally random. sometimes it happes at 100 texts, sometimes at 400.

I dont really mind losing texts, but i can understand its annoying when you wanna save something.

i havent found any patch or update to fix this. anyone got any ideas?

6. Bxsteez

My fix was to go back to windows mobile lol..

7. colin9876

colin9876 New Member

Absolutely terrible problem, the G2 is a real step back from my last HTC, come back windows mobile - all is forgiven!