SMS DelaysGeneral

1. snappert1i

snappert1i New Member

Anyone in NYC area experiencing SMS delays? Odd issue with my new LG Motion 4G on MetroPCS. I'll get one part of the message then the remaining anywhere between 1 min and 4 hours!!

I have 4G, so coverage isn't really the issue, I think. Also at home I get on my wifi, so again not the connection.

When you long click the message, on the details screen, those msgs that arrive fairly quickly have the sent and received timestamps, those that came hours later have ONLY the received timestamp (no sent time).

Advertisement
    :
  2. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Not in NYC, but have you tried updating your PRL? Dial *228 then press 5 when prompted.
  3. SquirrelNuts

SquirrelNuts Well-Known Member Contributor

My wife's motion is having the same issue. Just noticed last night and today. It's like a 12-24 hour delay on getting some texts.

I wonder if it's a Metro thing, or from updating her Motion to E...
  4. snappert1i

snappert1i New Member

Could be a metro issue. My phone is rooted but not flashed.

Will also update the PRL and update this thread
  5. snappert1i

snappert1i New Member

Did the PRL update. Haven't noticed any delays, but then I haven't received too many of them to be sure.
  6. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

I think I read it metropcs forum. Their system tries to send sms and if it fails (no signal on another party) it gets laid off for sometime. it could be minutes but can be hours.
  7. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

What he said /\/\/\, except that I'm in the BX. Update the prl and you shouldn't have any problems. The stock messaging app will either: convert to mms with way too few characters used (IMO) or the sender's message will be broken up into several messages. I've received split-up messages from my boss several times already. But, I've never had any issues with delay in receiving them on a current prl. I think handcent allows for more characters to be used before it auto-converts to mms/ splits-up messages. I could be wrong about that, but might be worth a shot, if it'll help.