1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SMS delivery time?

Last Updated:

1. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I use Handcent for text messaging. On previous non-smart phones I've been able to see not only that an SMS has been delivered, but also the time when it got delivered (ie when the recipient turned on their phone or whatever). Handcent will tell me whether or not it's been delivered, but not give a delivery time. Is this right? Is there any other app that can do this?

Advertisement
  2. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

I haven't used Handcent in a while, but I believe there is a delivery report screen that should show what you're looking for. Somewhere in the settings if I remember correctly.

3. Menddles

Menddles Guest

there is, in handcent go into menu>more>delivery reports. if nothing is there then u gota turn it on by menu>settings>recieved message settings>handcent delivery report

4. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, guys, I've seen that, but it doesn't actually seem to work! Even where I know there has been a couple of days delay between me sending the text and recipient turning on their phone (and Handcent has displayed the clock icon next to the message rather than the green tick) when I go into delivery reports it says something like:

Start time: 2010-09-22 18:09:22
    End time: 2010-09-22 18:09:29

The times given are the time when I sent it, so I have no way of telling from that that there has been a delay.

If it's relevant I'm using an HTC Desire with Android 2.2 and Handcent 3.2.9.