SMS/Email Predictive Text function problem

1. shearne

shearne New Member

For some reason my predictive text function has started selecting the 2nd option now for every word I type which can get quite annoying.

e.g. I type in "very" and it automatically selects "Verte" when I click on the "space" button.

Any ideas on whats wrong?

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Anyone who still claims that this function is great and they can type in any old rubbish must have a completely different handset to me.

I was typing a message just now and wanted to type the word phone. I actually typed ohine - with my large fingers, one letter off. I can have a choice of Ohine, Shine, Thine and (fittingly) Whine - Rubbish!
  3. pooki

pooki New Member

strange...i thought i'd try typing 'ohine' into my hero to see if this was the case but it came up with phone, phoned, phones and phonetic!!

i don't get why there's a discrepancy between our phones!
  4. Beauborg

Beauborg Active Member

I tried it and I get the same as you.

But if you press that arrow next to the list, you also get: Rhine phone phoned phones phonetic
  5. boroflag

boroflag New Member

for the last week or so I have had the same problem. Ir's been driving me mad - having to check and double check every word.

Came on here to find solution, but couldn't so I resorted to fiddling with settings.

Solved it. The keyboard language had somehow been reset to Italian.

To change back:
    Tap in the Compose box so that the keyboard comes up.
    Tap on the cog to the left of the space bar
    Select "Keyboard Language"
    Check the Radio Button for English.
    In Text Input, I also thave the first 4 options checked. This has meant I am once more able to bang messages out quickly without having to check every word.

Hope this helps.
  6. bronbron85

bronbron85 New Member

I had the same very annoying problem but your instructions made it very easy to fix. Cheers :D