SMS Error Cause Code 92?Support

Last Updated:

1. sailorgirl

sailorgirl Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my ERIS for less than a week and can't get text messages in or out. I receive SMS Error Cause Code 97, Error Class 2 message each time. Do I have a setting wrong? Can anyone help? I am a former Alltel customer if that makes a difference.

Advertisement
  2. sailorgirl

Sorry for the typo in the title. The error code is 97.

3. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

How big is the message? I sent an sms and think I had the same error. I cut the message in half and it sent.

4. sailorgirl

7 to 10 words. I checked the support page but couldn't see anything. I also dialed *228, option 1. No help.

5. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

6. sailorgirl

Yes, I saw that. No one responded though. I had hoped the gurus here had a fix.

7. jpurdue56

jpurdue56 New Member

the issue is that somehow your texting has been excluded from your plan which basically means it was blocked so if you currently removed a text package with customer service and they forgot to include basic pay as you go texting then there is the issue just fixed this for a customer

USCC

8. omfg

omfg New Member

Wrong answer, that isn't the fix, the fix is bringing it to a sprint repair shop. Either that or you haven't allowed your phone to completely activate, note that activation may take up to 24 hours. Im haveing this same very freaking annoying problem on my evo. Its a little fustrating buying a phone this expensive, having it for 3 months and then, boom dosent want to work. Anyways, I called and they said I would have to bring it in to a sprint repair store because apparently my phones software is all jacked up. The woman on the phone said its a 30 min fix and costs nothing to me, still, how this happened idk. She suggested that when my phone did a software update, it didn't install it correctly. Hope this helps everyone else.

9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Just FYI, this is a Verizon Droid Eris forum. Sprint isn't going to fix anything on an Eris.

10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Do you feel that this is an issue across more than one carrier?

11. Manicjay

Manicjay New Member

:p The fix for the EVO 4G phone is a simple one. I had thought I activated mine earlier yesterday when my number ported over from another carrier. This was not the case. An update came along and i did not install it incase i would have more problems. i research first when possible.

To make a long story short, I went to my contacts and the one for Sprint was there. i called at about 12:55pm Central time and it was an automated activation response. It said thanks for activating your Sprint smartphone when it was done - took a half a minute. i was immediately able to send all my texts that were saved in draft mode to try sending again later. THAT WAS IT PEEPS!! No update, no remove battery, no worries. Goodluck to everyone out there. Seems like an awesome phone thus far!!!

12. graciedallas>>

graciedallas>> New Member

my name is gracie and the way to get rid of that annoying cause code 97:class 2 error is to simply call tech support and have them change your MSID on ur account and manually program your device..i am a sprint technical support agent and this works 100% of the time!!!!:)

kool kat2 and doogald like this.
  13. jschiln

jschiln Member

I just had the same problem on my Incredible. The fix was to uninstall advanced task killer and my antivirus software. No more text problems.

kritti and doogald like this.
  14. kritti

kritti New Member

Thanks for this cause mine just did this and this helped

15. kritti

kritti New Member

this helped me with mine..thanks

16. da1chifan

da1chifan New Member

I have the HTC EVO and only get this message when sending a message and getting an incoming phone call at the same time. I may still get the message a few more times while it makes sure it sends, but that is all.