SMS featuresSupport

Last Updated:

1. sonisoe

sonisoe Member This Topic's Starter

thinking of buying htc magic but got some basic questions to make sure beforehand :
    - can it forward sms
    - sms to multiple contacts ?
    - sms to groups ?

these smartphones are getting too smart that, as we all know, are forgetting these standard features we're accustomed to.

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Forward - Yes
    multiple contacts - Yes
    groups - No*

*The Android Market may have a solution for this. I don't need to send group SMS, so I havent looked, but someone else might need that feature and be able to tell you which app is which.

You can also check cyrket, it's basically a mirror of the app market.

Android is very basic, which to me, is an advantage. Rather than Android deciding for you what features you need, you get to customize the phone yourself.

3. sonisoe

sonisoe Member This Topic's Starter

thanks.... cyrket 's quiet interesting.... just checked out a supposedly customized-android for the new htc hero... or i think htc is adding their typical htc features including "groups".... guess i'll wait for this one... june 24 rumor?

4. AdamHC

AdamHC Well-Known Member

I found this a lot with Windows Mobile. The main thing that annoyed me was that if I had no reception and tried to reply to an sms it would say cannot be sent and give up. My old $200 piece of crap phone was able to just wait til I got reception and you're trying to tell me this thing which cost $900 can't do something so simple??? But that was Windows Mobile, whether android does that I don't know.

5. bungdung91

bungdung91 Member

AdamHC - Yes, android does send messages when it reconnects to the carrier.

Sonisoe - The app you're looking for is called Text Easy, a free download from the app store.

6. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Yes, Android does wait until it has a signal. There are even visual cues to let you know that's working on it. When you press send in the default messaging app, a tiny envelope with a clock icon appears next to your message --- indicating it's sending the message. When the message is sent, the icon disappears. Then a tiny message appears under your message saying something like "Sent: 10:02am" so that you know it's done. I forget what happens when you don't have a good enough connection to complete the action, but there's something like a "pending" or "draft" or something notation to let you know it's saved, but can't be sent yet, and then when it does have a good enough signal it sends and all is well.