• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS force close good news!

leemozoid

May 17, 2010
After experiencing all of the headaches with lost messages I followed some advice I read here. I installed the backup app which saves the messages to my gmail account, uninstalled the antivirus program and when I had a SMS force close today my message folder remained intact! So, one problem seems to have been solved. Hopefully 2.2 will address the force close issue. Thanks to all who have participated in the many discussions on this issue.

After experiencing all of the headaches with lost messages I followed some advice I read here. I installed the backup app which saves the messages to my gmail account, uninstalled the antivirus program and when I had a MMS force close today my message folder remained intact! So, one problem seems to have been solved. Hopefully 2.2 will address the force close issue. Thanks to all who have participated in the many discussions on this issue.

What app did you use for backup?

Do you think if you have 100's of threads the droid can't keep up and deletes threads?

I wish you could put threads in ABC order..... or can you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones