SMS force close?

Last Updated:

1. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Hey, I just got my droid about 2 weeks ago. I returned it the next day because it kept force closing on my sms. They gave me a new one and haven't had the problem...until yesterday. At least twice a day now, since yesterday, i get a message saying: The application Messaging (process has stopped unexpectedly. Please try i hit Force Close and then it just stays on a blank black screen so i hit the home button and hit messaging again and it pops up again. I take the battery out and that works for a few hours but then it just happens again...i don't wanna take this one back again and get a new one...I mean i have anti-virus (i dunno if it's good though lol) so I don't think it could be an app...i use the standard Messaging app that came with the phone, not Handcent or something else...will someone PLEASE help me...I searched but they all seemed to be for different phones, not the droid...

Thanks guys

2. nathan312

anyone? I just got it again...
  3. Technipages

Technipages Well-Known Member

One of the MMS messages are likely corrupt or not readable by the Messaging app. I would clear things out.

Settings > Apps > Manage Apps > Menu > Filter > All > Messaging > Clear data.

Let me know if you try this and your results.

4. nathan312

Hey thanks man ill let you know by tomorrow. I just did it so if it worked ill know by tomorrow lol
  5. nathan312

Ok well it worked for a good while, still does it...ugh what should I do? I mean this happened on a new phone
  6. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Stock sucks at mms. Just use Handcent and you can see gifs. I only use Handcent and hide the stock messenger.
  7. nathan312

but see i'm not receiving any MMS...i did about 2 days ago but i deleted them because my Max storage is set at 200 and so it auto-erased it
  8. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Try Handcent and turn off notifications in stock so you do not get double alerts. Handcent is far superior than stock and it is free in the market. That pill looking virus control may be a problem. I use Look out to scan.
  9. nathan312

ok, thanks man
  10. Dani

Dani New Member

My Droid used to do that as well, I took it in to Verizon and the guy said they are the applications. I had the anti-virus app on my phone, and thats where the problem was. Uninstall that app and try it.