sms force closingSupport

Last Updated:

1. rkilicar

rkilicar Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I read other threads on this but none for the incredible. It worked fine till I got the update. Now my sms keeps force closing. Even if I just have 2 texts. Anyone else have this issue? Any fixes?

I don't want a new phone because I have a full skin protector on.

Advertisement
  2. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

I've not had this issue, so do not know much about it, but the first thing I would try is shutting the phone down & restarting. The second thing would be to find out if it's possible to uninstall sms & reinstall it. I'd find out before attempting to uninstall though. Wouldn't want a phone with no SMS.

3. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

Are you using any Antivirus or Uninstaller apps? This was happening to me and I emailed Handcent. they said it was because of the Antivirus, and many many people are having the same bug happen. They also told me Android phones DO NOT need Antivirus apps! My phone is running way better and my battery has improved, In just one day!

rkilicar likes this.
  4. Pooh434

Pooh434 Well-Known Member

Experiencing the same problem. I uninstalled Antivirus app first thing this morning, and (crossing fingers) hasn't had a force close since. Gonna monitor it for another day before I go to Corporate asking them for a tech check/new phone. I read a couple of places in here that we don't need ATK on our phones either. I have that and like the option to kill programs running in the background, but if it's more than a problem rather than solution, I'll click uninstall on that too. Happy texting!!!

5. rkilicar

rkilicar Member This Topic's Starter

Took off All my anti virus and now it works perfectly.....I love this forum thanks guys

6. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

Fixed for me too.

+1 best Droid board

7. The*Amazing*Phil

The*Amazing*Phil Member

I have this same problem...I never had a AV installed called verizon they said they are sending me a new one and a new screen protector

8. denkoons

denkoons Member

i'm having the same problem, i just uninstalled the anti-virus program. hopefully that will do the trick. thanks for the advice guys.