SMS from iphone to Nexus4 PROBLEM!!Support

1. mattg0376

mattg0376 New Member

Just upgraded to Nexus 4 from iphone. My wife has an iphone 5 and we have an ipad.

My problem is that I can send messages to her phone, but when she writes back, her messages are going to my old iphone and / or ipad.

The sim card was removed from my iphone, trimmed at the Telstra shop and works fine in the Nexus. I know this has nothing to do with the messaging problem.

This is probably a really simple thing to fix. But I need help!

Advertisement
  2. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

What? That sounds weird. Are you sure you are talking about SMS, not whatsapp or any thirdparty message? Was your old iPhone CDMA or GSM?
  3. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I remember reading some where that iPhones will send/receive SMS via data if there is no telephone signal. This maybe what is happening.
  4. mattg0376

mattg0376 New Member

I'm just using the messenger app on my nexus. My wife gets that message easily. She uses imessage to send a reply and it goes to one of my idevices instead (ipad, old iphone) I it because she's using imessage? Isn't that what all iphone users use? How do iphone users message nexus users if this is the prob?
  5. trvlrschick

trvlrschick Member

I suspect this is your problem. You may have forgotten to turn iMessage off, so the messages she sends you automatically go there, instead.
  6. jackgibbs

jackgibbs Well-Known Member

yes, there's something either you or she has to change in the settings of the imessage app. also when you get messages from her they will be mms rather than sms since imessages get sent over the data connection
  7. ppaul1219

ppaul1219 Well-Known Member

As previous post suggested turn off I message that's causing the problem.