SMS help appreciated pleaseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Daniel40

Daniel40 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, have just got my new X10 - all OK except one thing that is frustrating. Is there any way I can get sms text message tone to repeat if I miss one. With other phones, if an sms is not read it repeats the sms tone every minute or so to remind you there is one waiting to be read - cant see any way of doing this on the X10 - anybody know if this is possible and I am just missing it, or is there an app that does it ?
    Any help would be much appreciated - thanks

Advertisement
  2. Daniel40

Daniel40 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can I take it then that what I am trying to do is not possible ? - anybody ??

3. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Well I my self do not use this feature so am not aware of the default sms apps abilities. I would recommended that you try using Handcent. There is a setting that clearly allows for multiple reminders, frequency of the reminder etc. etc.
    Handcent - Settings - Notification Settings - Notification Settings (not a typo) - Scroll way down through there settings and near the bottom you will see REMINDERS this will solve your needs nicely

4. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Though I was looking around the Market last night and HandcentSMS seems to have disappeared from it. Any one else notice this or am I just crazy?

5. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

I use handcent sms and I love it. As a former iphone user it was a pretty easy transition for me. I just searched it on the market and it popped right up. As far as multiple notifications, yes it does have that option as described above. Couple of options for what type, and how frequently as well. Its a great app and id be skeptical to try another.

6. Grospolina

Grospolina Member

Maybe just look for "Handcent"? It's actually called "Handcent SMS" (with a space).

7. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

I tried that too and all that came up was the Handcent keyboard and a few other things that were Handcent related. I'll try again later to see if it's back up. Thanks for your help though.