SMS help.

Last Updated:

1. eastley

eastley Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, new here!

Anyway, I have Handcent SMS on my Desire.

When I get a SMS, I get 2 notifications, one from hadcent and one from HTC messaging program. I also get the get reply pop up.

Is there anyway I can make it so that only Handcent Notifys me? With no quick reply?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Go into the stock messenging app and turn off notifications. If you want the quick reply gone from Handcent, there is an option for that too I think.

3. eastley

eastley Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers, forgot about pressing the menu button while in an App to get the settings up, I was looking everywhere for it, lol.

If there a better SMS program or is Handcent it?

4. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I use Handcent and love it. I've never tried Chomp on my Hero, but my wife put it on her Moment and uninstalled it later. I don't know if there are others.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Better is always subjective. We can't tell you which SMS program you think is best -- especially if you don't qualify exactly what you mean by "best".

Try them out. You can't beat first hand experience.

6. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I used Chomp for the first month or so after getting my DInc but then switched to Handcent due to constant force closes with Chomp. When it comes to which one is "better,", yeah, you should just try them out and make a decision for yourself. IMO, they are both very well written programs, I just prefer Handcent.

7. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

try out chomp and handcent... those are the most popular two... one may suit your tastes better than the other.