• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS Keyboard Lag

BlankDEP

Sep 23, 2010
I have updated to 2.2 on the day it was released and I did a hard reset. Recently, maybe in the last 2 weeks, I have been randomly experiencing lag when typing in the default messages app.

I can type full words, or even a few words before any of them show up as typed. Even if I wait for it to catch up to my typing, and then continue, the same problem continues.

Anyone else have this problem or know what to do to fix it?

I guess my next question then is do you have a lot of saved text messages. I tend to delete threads regularly so only have maybe 30 or 40 sitting there.

I typically don't delete them, but it doesn't lag every time I type a text, only once in a while. My roommate has 2.2 on his DInc and hasn't had any keyboard lag at all, default keyboard and default messages app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones