1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

sms message help please

1. bamronron

bamronron New Member

I have the warp n860 and since I have rooted my phone and changed rooms I can't get or send SMS messages . I can send mms messages . Texting fine. I have restored back to stock I have been thru every from lol any ideas? Would be appreciated thanks

Advertisement
  2. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

do a full wipe clear both cache and restart phone if this does not do it clear proxy (the easy way is to use holo launcher long press screen then click short cuts you will see activities click that go down click setting go down untill you see proxy hit it that will put a seeting icon on your home screen click that clear all save restart phone done)this should fix your problem if not do same as proxy but look for apn make sure theres a blue light beside it
  3. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member

Factory data reset. Then re-flash----- stock or rom of choice. Always clear cache,
    /dalvik
  4. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

He is seems to be confused between MMS and SMS.

Most/a lot of us have been experiencing problems with MMS. That is a digital message.. Like a picture.. Not really sure what the problem is and we can't get any answers from boost about it either. All I was suggested was updating my profile via settings and about phone.
    LilBit likes this.
  5. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member

Read this thread bamronron we all mostly said network problem.

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-warp-all-things-root/642819-mms-issues-widespread.html
    alsaces daddy likes this.
  6. alsaces daddy

Oh Bitty you are good! :D
    LilBit likes this.
  7. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member

:star::star::star::rock::rock::rock::aetsch::aetsch::aetsch:
  8. bamronron

bamronron New Member

Im not confused I know the difference between SMS and moms lol I clear those every time. Then I wipe the whole system. .. but to be clear smart phones r sending moms messages same as pic messages and standard phones r sending SMS? Right...
  9. bamronron

bamronron New Member

ill try the proxy thank u
  10. alsaces daddy

Smart phones send both MMS and SMS. Sms is a standard text message. Is that what is not sending for you? A standard text.
  11. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member

I think it's moms he has problems with... :p
    LilBit and alsaces daddy like this.