Sms/MMs errorSupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-21 16:01:18
  1. hendrikbez

hendrikbez Active Member

I have received a sms/mms don't know what it is, it shows up in my notification bar, when I click on it it gives me this error.

"you have entered an invalid address
    Please correct.........

When I press OK, it don't do anything, how can I get rid of this.

Advertisement
  2. simojayn

simojayn New Member

Hi, I was composing a message as I recieved one from the same person and experienced the exact same thing as you.

Here is what I did to fix it, I am running a Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.3.3 (gingerbread).

I deleted all messages in Messaging then I composed a new message but didn't send it but came out of messaging and it saved it as a draft. I then went back into Messaging and hit the menu button and choose Delete Threads, selected all at the top and clicked delete and OK and this resolved my rogue message.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Simon
  3. hendrikbez

hendrikbez Active Member

Thank you Simon
  4. Sherlockianone

Sherlockianone New Member

Simon, you are the MAVEN. Your fix for how to get rid of ghost text...perfect! I had eliminated all texts on my own...but your added unsent text then delete alll, solved the issue. Cheers!
  5. ahsaan5

ahsaan5 New Member

Finally I got the solution guys, I was running gingerbread on my Samsung Galaxy S when I got this wierd error. All I did was to install Handcent SMS app or Mirsal app and opened it to read and delete the unread sms. This fixed the issue for me!