SMS/MMS privacy

Last Updated:

1. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Love my Droid and have lots of people that want to check it out. I don't mind letting them check it out, but would like to keep some sensitive information away from prying eyes. Whether it's my private chat about what a jerk the boss is, or flirting, or hiding a chat about christmas presents, a hidden conversation could be helpful.

I want to lock away certain contacts sms/mms/ and call logs so that it doesn't end up in the wrong hands.

I have yet to find a decently rated program that will:
    1. Let me select certain (not all) contacts and make their info private.
    2. Not give away that there is private info with the app name (Nasty Secret Hiding App would be a bit of a giveaway)
    3. Allow me to keep SMS/MMS/ Ringtone notifications turned on for everyone.
    4. password (or better yet, gesture) for access to hidden contact, chat, photos, video, whatever stored, sent to, or received from that contact.

I've been looking at a few apps in the market, but none seem to get any good ratings and do the job correctly.
    Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. psu9495

psu9495 Member

I so need this type of app too. Have you found anything since you posted?

3. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

There is no security as good as "no you may not use my phone" along with a password locking it down.

4. Tymanthius

Tymanthius Well-Known Member

A possible work around?

Get Wave Secure, back up selected stuff, erase before handing off phone, restore when done.