• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS msg w HTML not displayed

Hi. I have a Galaxy Nexus phone from Verizon w Android 4.02. I'm trying to debug an SMS problem from a particular source. Their messages always display as "(<source> To view this message, please use an HTML compatible email viewer." The problem occurs in the default Messaging application, as well as others (Handcent, Go SMS Pro).

Any clues as to why these messages might not display properly? I've found nothing online even simular. Absent an idea, I will write some code based on the SMSMessaging sample code to see if the message is malformed somehow.

Thanks.
-- Bob

Lots of SMS msgs include urls, bit.ly/xxx the most common. I have requested the exact text of what they are sending. They refuse to change to plain text. They also complain that no one else has the problem.
You didn't say URL in your post. You put "html" in the subject.

And, of course SMS can include URLs because URLs are plain text. As far as your friend refusing to try plain text... I guess they don't care to talk to you all that much. I dunno...

-Frank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones