SMS "New Message" alert issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Zoll

Zoll New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant from Bell, and I am not verry technical. I have some (maybe 10) additional apps installed since i got the phone, including advanced task killer.

My issue is this: when I get a new message, it appears in the blinds (the thing at the top?) like it is supposed to, but after I check the message, it stays there, saying I have the new message. I can clear it and it goes away, but shouldnt it dissapear after I check the text?

I also crash frequently, but I am thinking newer firmware will fix that :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Firmware: 2.1 -update1
    Baseband version: I9000UGJG9
    Model : GT-I9000M

Advertisement
  2. Digi79

Digi79 New Member

Hey mate, that envelope will stay there until you back out of the message. I think that it's just a poorly implemented piece of coding. I was using a different messaging application, so I ALWAYS had it there... rather annoying to be honest, but a nice feature when it works.

Hope that you enjoy your phone :)

3. Zoll

Zoll New Member This Topic's Starter

The alert is still up after I have checked the message, and have exited the messaging app. If i click the alert again, it takes me to the list of messages, and it shows no new messages...I just want the alert gone after I check the message.

4. ironman666

ironman666 Well-Known Member

Press the "back" hardware key, not the home button, when reading new sms, and the notification should go away

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

It happens on everything phone. Just bad coding.