• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] SMS not working after root

zolakt

Lurker
Aug 6, 2012
Hi Guys I rooted my HTC One E8 and flashed with custom rom but I can't seem to receive/send SMS after that. Anyone knows what's going on with my phone? Have been trying to fix it for the past week to no avail. Brought it to the HTC service centre and they wanted to charge me $288 to change the motherboard as the bootloader has been tampered and unlocked.

Hi Guys I rooted my HTC One E8 and flashed with custom rom but I can't seem to receive/send SMS after that. Anyone knows what's going on with my phone? Have been trying to fix it for the past week to no avail. Brought it to the HTC service centre and they wanted to charge me $288 to change the motherboard as the bootloader has been tampered and unlocked.

check your APN settings
Settings / Mobile Data / Access point names

use Google to get the correct settings for your carrier

Upvote 0
i was wondering if this could be due to the fact that my phone is a single sim version and i the rom i flashed is for dual sim. any ideas?

Quite likely. ROMs are built specifically for a single exact device. Flashing a ROM not built for your particular phone is a sure way to run into problems - even if it's just single-SIM versus dual-SIM or CDMA versus GSM.

I'd suggest tracking down a version of that ROM meant for your phone. :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones