SMS notification bar bugSupport

Last Updated:

1. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just started noticing this yesterday, and it's bugging the crap out of me now.

Essentially, this is what's happening.

I'll get a text, and in the notification bar where it shows the preview of a text, it'll say "Sarah Klein hey what's up?"

So then I'll pull down the notification area and in that it will again say "Sarah Klein hey what's up?"

Then I'll open the text.. and it's actually from another person! So the notification bar will say one name, but when I open the text, it goes into the actual person's sms thread. This has happened 4 times in the past day now that I've noticed. Has anyone else had this happen?

Advertisement
  2. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Well-Known Member

Yes this happens to me as well. I think it has to do with the "state" that I left my previous text in.

For instance, if I get a text from John Smith that says "Hey, what's up?" and I don't reply to it or I maybe reply via the "quickmessage" thingy that pops up in Handcent, it's left that message in an odd state or an "incomplete" state. Then, later I'll get a text from Sarah Jones that says "so are we still on for tonight big daddy?" but, like what you've experienced, I'll see the previous text from John Smith that says "Hey, what's up?" when in actuality, it was Sarah Jones who txt. me.

It used to catch me off guard but now I'm used to it and can look for it when something comes in. annoyance, yes. Showstopper, no.

3. omgu8myrice

omgu8myrice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine has been doing it with people I haven't texted at all recently

4. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Well-Known Member

But it still brings up a text that you received from them at some point in time correct?

I still think it has to do with the state you left that text in... if you leave it in a bad "state" it will come to the forefront the next time you get a text.

5. dopepope

dopepope Well-Known Member

when this happened to me on my 'stock' fascinate, i disabled all notifications from the mms app, then installed handcent, and i believe it worked fine after that.

maybe that will help you all as well

6. TravisZ

TravisZ Active Member

happens to me. all stock phone. even shows names from people I haven't talked to in years