• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS notification for a deleted text message

aaron18200

Lurker
May 17, 2009
I was deleting all the texts in my inbox when, whilst the G1 was deleting the texts, I received a message.

The phone finished deleting the texts, including the one I had just received and ever since I have had a notification in my bar at the top of the phone. However when I click on it it doesnt link anywhere as the message has been deleted.

Clicking on 'clear notifications' works temporarily but everytime a new notification appears this sms notification appears too.

How can I get rid of it!
Thank you for any help

Clicking on 'clear notifications' works temporarily but everytime a new notification appears this sms notification appears too.

I am having this exact same problem on my Galaxy[H8] right now. When I get a new message, the new message and this message shows in my alert list. When I click the non-existent message, I get taken to an empty message with "mmssmsconversations0" in the To field. I've tried turning alerts on/off, reboot, etc, but the notification keeps coming back (including text of the SMS) every time I get a new msg, open the messaging app, etc.

Anyone figure out how to permanently get rid of this SMS alert yet?

TIA

Upvote 0
bump

I am having this same problem. I use GoSMSPro on my HTC legend and while deleting my text messages I received one from the thread I was deleting. I now get a notification saying that I have that new text message but I can't view the message to delete it.

Clearing the notification works temporarily but it will come up again whenever I get a new message. I have tried restarting phone, and turning notifications off and on. I have tried downloading a new messaging app (handcent) and the same problem occurs on there as well!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones