• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS Notification - Vibration settings

TimMatrix

Mar 17, 2010
UK
As I am often in a noisy environment, I need to set my HTC Desire to vibrate. Often, I "missed" the vibrating when someone sends an SMS Text message to me as it was too short and I didn't feel it that quickly enough.

Is there a method where you can 'extend' the vibrating for, say 15 seconds, rather than 1-2 seconds, before it stops vibrating?

Is it to do with changing the 'ringtone' under SMS notification? Please advise.

If there is an app that answers the query, please let us know.

Ta!

As I am often in a noisy environment, I need to set my HTC Desire to vibrate. Often, I "missed" the vibrating when someone sends an SMS Text message to me as it was too short and I didn't feel it that quickly enough.

Is there a method where you can 'extend' the vibrating for, say 15 seconds, rather than 1-2 seconds, before it stops vibrating?

Is it to do with changing the 'ringtone' under SMS notification? Please advise.

If there is an app that answers the query, please let us know.

Ta!

Get an app called Handcent, you can customise the vibration on that. :)

Reactions: dave rogers cock
Upvote 0
Handcent is great as loads of options, although im struggling to get hte best colours for the bubbles :p
THere is one disadvantage i can find in that MMS come out tiny. None of the User Agents works, so will have to sacrifice that for the customisability of Hancent.
Its strange as the default MMS app has them the correct size, but puts the large ones as a slideshow, something Handcent doesnt do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones