1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General SMS Notification

1. kevins686

kevins686 New Member

Here's an obscure question, the answer to which I haven't been able to find anywhere else: How do I get my Bluetooth earpiece to beep or chime when I receive a text message? Older phones I've had had this capability, but it doesn't happen with my Maxx/Moto Elite Sliver.

Advertisement
  2. kevins686

kevins686 New Member

Nothing, huh? I guess it's time to up the ante, so to speak.

I have sitting in front of me a check for $10 million USD that will be made out to the first person to correctly answer my question. The amount is made out; all I need to do is fill in a name.

Could that name be . . . yours??
  3. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Does this work without Bluetooth? Are your settings correct so a notification will "chime" during a call?
  4. kevins686

kevins686 New Member

My notifications are coming to me normally, and all my settings are correct. Thinking back, though, I think the last phone I had that did this might've been my original (as in, 2006) Razr. It may very well be that this capability simply no longer exists.
  5. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

If you are on a call (without Bluetooth...),do the notification chimes work? I use wired earphones when running. I set notifications NOT to interrupt. The led alerts me if there is a message. Only thing I want interrupting my music is a phone call.