1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SMS notifications

Last Updated:

1. Nozspark

Nozspark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been searching for a bit about this little niggle that I have with my phone (Desire) and Handcent SMS.

I've had Handcent for a good while now and like it, however I've since installed LPP and found that it can show the number of unread SMS on the icon in the dock.

The problem is that when I get a SMS and access it through the dock icon that the notification bar still shows it as unread. I have found that if I disable notifications in the stock message app that it doesn't show in the notification bar, however i then do not get any audio notifications.

Thanks in advance,

keep up the good work.. without you lot my phone would be plain and boring.

Advertisement
  2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Wait, so are you using Handcent or the stock messaging app in the dock? Handcent, right? But you had notifications enabled in the stock messaging app? Just leave those off, and turn on notifications in Handcent. When you tap the dock icon to open Handcent, both the dock notification and the handcent notification should disappear.

Nozspark likes this.
  3. Nozspark

Nozspark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh hum... why didn't I try that before?
    Now I feel like a right one;)

Cheers.

4. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

lol, don't worry about it. If there's only one thing I can think of to complain about in android it's that there's no centralized notification settings. You have to remember to set them in different places.

5. Rockytop

Rockytop Member

Having an issue with SMS notifications...I get TWO different notifications for each message. I've tried changing to Handcent and Chomp, but still get the "generic" message notifier in the bar and separate notification sound. I've gone to messaging and turned OFF notifications, and turned ON notifications for Chomp/Handcent...but still get TWO notifications. PLUS...the little generic icon (which looks like an email notification) has to be manually cleared...it won't automatically go away when I read the text message as the Chomp/Handcent ones do. Any suggestions???