SMS Notifiction repeatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm looking for an app that will repeat sms notifications until the sms is read.

First a bit of history :) Now I've tried Handcent (it doesn't sem to play very well with smart keyboard pro and is far bigger than I need ie just the repeating alert)

Chomp is again too big and seems to send multiple texts (at least for me)

The closest app I've found is sms popup but I don't really need the popup or to replace the initial notification from the phone (just the repeated reminders bit and I can't find a way of having one without the other)

Basically all I'm after is an app to use with the default messaging app that will repeat the notification if an sms is not read (not replace the existing ones).

Sorry for the long post!

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Take a look at Missed Call in the Market. It also handles SMS, and I think you can disable repeating alerts for other things like calls or email. Missed Call is free.

If you're already using Tasker, take a look at the Missed Notification Reminder in the Tasker Wiki. Tasker is a paid app, but the stuff in the Wiki is free.

jimrob and staffsmatt like this.
  3. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi thanks for that, what I've done in the end is go back to sms popup and just turned all the buttons off (I didn't realise that the screen didn't light up at all on the stock messengin app, not great if you keep your ohone an a charging cradle on your desk!)

Would it be possible to get tasker to flash the screen on missed reminders?

Thanks again.